I woke to find myself in hell,
I prayed to God,
let me sleep on for eternity…
Anita write this poem last week, but it gave me a chill when I read it this morning. Did she know something was about to happen to her?
Latest news from the hospital;
Anita is comfortable, confined to bed and receiving oxygen and intravenous medication to reduce the fluid in her lungs. Once this has lessened, she will probably have a stent fitted in the offending artery.
We are not allowed to visit, which is killing all of us, but will be taking some personal things later today, which they promise to give her.
Up until now, I have been coping with all the restrictions of the lockdown, but this one is hitting us all hard. My thoughts and prayers go out to all hospital patients and their families at this terrible time…
Share your work. Read that of other writers. Blog Battle is a monthly writing prompt to inspire writers and entertain readers.
June 2020 Blog Battle
Our contribution for this month!
The Prompt Word will be given the First Tuesday of Every Month.
Post your story by the 30th of the Same Month.
- 1000 words max (give or take a few)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- Any genre that fits within PG-13 (or less) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the randomly chosen word(s) and/or be centered around the word meaning in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section
- Please tweet and otherwise share your battler buddies’ stories across social media.
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting all the stories so we can cross-share.
- Have fun!