March 25 2021, prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less), write an escape. It can be daring or subtle. Who is escaping from what and why? Go where the prompt leads!
Over the past few months
I have felt like a caged bird
I will be 75 come the beginning of April
I cannot wait to get outside
To pop into my charity shops
See my wonderful ladies smiling
Pick up the odd piece or two
For me, this is my big escape
I have to make the most of every minute
Never knowing how many I have left
My son will take me from the confines
of my four walls to the coast
A bag of hot salty chips in my hand
As proof I made it outside, free…
© Anita Dawes 2021
Share your work. Read that of other writers. Blog Battle is a monthly writing prompt to inspire writers and entertain readers.
June 2020 Blog Battle
Our contribution for this month!
The Prompt Word will be given the First Tuesday of Every Month.
Post your story by the 30th of the Same Month.
- 1000 words max (give or take a few)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- Any genre that fits within PG-13 (or less) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the randomly chosen word(s) and/or be centered around the word meaning in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section
- Please tweet and otherwise share your battler buddies’ stories across social media.
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting all the stories so we can cross-share.
- Have fun!
I feel better already!
All photographs by Jaye Marie, taken at our local pond…