Our BlogBattle Entry
Flowers, Nature’s smile
Not everyone loves them
Especially when they grow
In all the wrong places.
On walls, cracks in pavements
Mostly considered weeds
Not put there by the hand of man
Trying to put Nature in a box.
They cling to the tiniest piece of dust
They survive, no matter the tidy minds
Who try to suppress them.
I have a small bouquet
Of pink and white daisies
Growing on my front door mat.
As I place my key in the front door
I enter with a smile.
I cannot tell you how many
People have said get rid
For they spread like wildfire
I cannot do that.
As I sit drinking coffee
I wonder if that small bouquet
Of happiness might have been left
After a fairy wedding
However they came to be there
I am grateful.
I believe it is best to live and let live
Who can determine another’s true path?
I wonder if placing your opinion on others
Changes their course of destiny…
January 2019 Blog Battle
Our word this month is:
You can start writing at any time, but make sure you post your story by the 30th of the month.
Once you’ve posted your story to your blog, put a link to it in the comments section, and we’ll add your story to the Battle Stories Line-up post.
Make sure to check back and read some of the stories of your fellow battlers. Leave comments to encourage these writers, and share each other’s stories!
The battler who is chosen in a given month will have the opportunity to be interviewed!
The Prompt Word will be given the First Tuesday of Every Month.
Post your story by the 30th of the Same Month.
- 1000 words max (give or take a few)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- Any genre that fits within PG-13 (or less) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the randomly chosen word(s) and/or be centered around the word meaning in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section
- Please tweet and otherwise share your battler buddies’ stories across social media.
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting all the stories so we can cross-share.
- Have fun!