Beware the howl beneath the full moon Old letters come to light, damaging claims that could make the family uncomfortable The child is not yours Letters found by an obsessive neighbour Who rubbed her hand at the news she hoped would shake the family Little knowing her husband admired his wife’s resolve To bring up the child left on her doorstep as her own The letters dated from the war Wrapped inside the baby’s blanket The note read, I am sixteen, I cannot take care of her Her name is Rose. So why now, so many years later does someone want to remind them they are not the child’s parents? Questions that may never be answered… ©AnitaDawes2022
Merlin spoke, the heavens shook Yesterday, the world held its breath Today, the seas boil Hidden behind dark clouds I see steel blue eyes Calculating the many Questions waiting Unanswered for too long Ending in more answers that don’t please Silver linings are not always what you think Thunder broke behind the dark clouds The seas continue to boil… ©AnitaDawes2022
Who do we pray to when we kneel? I don’t know A God made by man From clay, like a golem Brought to life by wishing it so We gave Him all the power save free will? It is written, ask, knock and the door will open Like open sesame Why do we ask, knock? only to get no answer I DON’T KNOW We gave him a get out clause His mysterious ways Yet his name is the first from our lips When troubles pursue STILL, I DON’T KNOW ©AnitaDawes2022
Every minute of the day someone is asking a question of someone else …. you know?
I rest my case.
12 Bloggerz is a once a month question feature where l will …. ask you questions … 12 of them!
If any of my readership wishes to pose a question to be featured within 12 Bloggerz in the future episodes – please drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rory is offering up his “12 Bloggers” thing he does once again this month. He poses 12, oh I don’t know, irreverent questions. Here are our responses!
- When was the last time you were totally lost?
[Be this physically, mentally, emotionally, or so on, interpretation is yours.]
I will never own up to being totally lost! If that day ever comes, I will make for the hills. Can I be a little mislaid instead?
- Do you think that we, as viewers to the entertainment industry, have much higher and perhaps unrealistic expectations to the content that we read, watch, or listen to today in comparison to previous years and or generations?
I do think we have become highly critical about almost everything these days, and that, I believe, is a good thing. Why should we settle for anything less than perfect?
3. Does money ‘really’ make us happy or is that just a myth and more importantly it is ‘what you do with it’ that makes you happier?
Personally, I would be ecstatic if I had pots of money. Think of all the good I could do with it!
- How important to you is it to be right?
These days I am hardly ever right, thanks to my diminishing grey matter…
5. How often do you find yourself completely confused with life and the way it is changing and has changed over the last ten or twenty years?
I have given up worrying about all the new changes. I don’t like confusion or change in any form, so I just stick my head in a real book and let the world carry on without me.
7. How many emails do you get a day [roughly] and from who do you get the most?
We get over 100 emails every day, and most of them are begging letters and deleted immediately.
6. When out shopping and carrying your goods or groceries, which do you prefer to use more often – paper or plastic bags [reusable] or cotton totes or something else?
These days, thanks to Covid, I don’t go out shopping any more. Everything I need is delivered to my door!
8. Have you ever made for yourself ‘homemade wine/spirits’ and if so, what was it made from and how was it?
This is something I always wanted to try. My granddad made parsnip wine and it was lovely – but lethal!
9. In your opinion and from no ‘fixed time period,’ what have been in your eyes the top 5 most memorable television series you have ever watched and what made them special to you?
I love medical dramas, so ER and Grey’s Anatomy are favourites. I also enjoy good crime thrillers, as I use these as research for my books.
10. What’s wrong with today’s music as opposed to the music of your yesterday’s – do you consider the music now to be far worse or greatly improved and why?
In my opinion, there is very little ‘music’ around these days, just noise. Yesterdays music is better by far!
11. Does world history really matter to our daily lives – is it that important – l mean it’s not like we can change anything right – what do you think?
I won’t comment on World history. Most of it is false or distorted beyond all reason.
12. Do you believe that a good night’s sleep and waking up refreshed the following day helps you make better decisions or worthier improvements to your life – or it makes no difference at all?
A good nights sleep is important, our brains really need a rest these days. I know mine does. It’s almost like starting over each day with a clean slate!
We are looking forward to read your responses too!
Quite a lot of people are going on about #Five Things these days.
Five things I had for lunch, or
Five things I did last summer, even
Five things I didn’t do yesterday.
Not seen Five Things I shouldn’t have done yet but suspect it won’t be long.
Today I saw “Five Things I Hate about Summer” and as that seems to be my mindset this morning, I started to doodle.
- Dry heat
- Sticky heat
- Damp heat
- Dripping heat
- Heat exhaustion!
Seriously though, I am delighted that the heat wave here in the UK has decided to trot off at last, and here are the #Five Things I Really Hate About Summer.
- the overpowering heat robs you of energy
- the grass turns into Weetabix, all dead and crunchy
- the leaves on the trees wilt and start to turn yellow
- the rose petals fall after just one day
- the hot nights make sleep impossible
I’m sure you could think up better points than this, just tag it when you post!