Of course, you’re a writer if you write. The act of putting words down on paper to create a story is the very definition of being a wordsmith, but what takes you from wannabe writer to writer, and then upgrades you to a serious writer?
Spoiler alert, actually writing is only a small part of it.
10 Signs You’ve Upgraded To Being A Serious Writer
1. You’re not afraid to show others what you’ve written.
2. Receiving rejections from agents and publishers no longer stings (as much).
3. Sending a query or submission doesn’t fill you with (complete) fear.
4. You’re happy to pass on the advice that you’ve learned to other writers.
5. You’re writing daily or regularly enough that actual pages are being added to your MS.
6. Ideas for stories come thick and fast. Your creative brain is always on.
7. You’ve started a social media account…
View original post 279 more words