Got a newsletter from my doctor’s office yesterday, and the word is–tada!–tea drinkers are in luck! Here’s why:
- Drinking tea regularly can lower your blood pressure by 2 points, reducing your risk of stroke by 8%.
- Drinking just 3 cups of tea a day (easily done by me each morning) can slash the risk of hip fracture by THIRTY percent, and it gets even better!
- Black tea contains chemicals called flavonoids which help prevent brittle bones.
- Flavonoids are linked with lower cancer and heart disease risks.
- Every cup of black tea lowers the risk of hip fracture by 9%, thus three cups a day can cut that risk by a third!
Now if that doesn’t send you running for the Earl Grey (or Ceylon, or Assam, or any other of many, many perfectly delicious black teas), I don’t know why not. Frankly, since both my mother and my grandmother fell…
View original post 141 more words