This report on how my plans for marketing in 2015 are working can be summed up in one word: Super. But for those who are interested––here is a little more detail.
Recap of Strategic Goals:
Recognizing that the Kindle Unlimited subscription service on Amazon was undermining the effectiveness of the Kindle Countdown 99 cent promotions for my books, I decided to:
- take my 3 full-length novels in my Victorian San Francisco Mystery series (Maids of Misfortune, Uneasy Spirits, Bloody Lessons) and my short story collection (Victorian San Francisco Stories) out of KDP Select
- upload these 4 books into other bookstores
- make the first book in my series, Maids of Misfortune, perma-free
- advertise Maids of Misfortune as free through a BookBub promotion.
By the middle of January I accomplished all of these goals.
- I uploaded my 4 books to Apple, Nook, Kobo, Page Foundry…
View original post 925 more words