Reviews are Important, right?
There are a fair number of posts on the internet about how to rustle up book reviews.
- We can add a plea to our author’s pages.
- We can give away copies of our books (with a disclaimer stating that a review is optional, of course).
- We can research top reviewers of books like ours, make lists, send emails, try not to be annoying.
- We can pay to add our books to lists where potential reviewers can download copies.
- We can hire marketing professionals.
- We can badger, beg, remind, reward, and ask nicely.
I browse the web once in a while, looking for the miracle formula.
You guessed it – I never find it.
However, I did find a Goodread’s Review Group and have participated several times in Reading Rounds. Their process is “Amazon Approved” because the reviews aren’t reciprocal. I actually like this no-fuss process. The…
View original post 462 more words