Although it starts with a piece I wrote years ago (you can tell by the reference to our VCR), this actually IS a Father’s Day post. Promise.
My toaster took early retirement this week. This toaster had never really been happy in its work. In fact, it was a Toaster With An Attitude.
In some places, making toast is a private matter. In my house, it’s a family affair:
- Toastmaker: Mama, we’re all out of bread.
- ME: I just bought some.
- Toastmaker: I can’t find it.
- ME: Try the kitchen. In that big box on the counter with those huge B-R-E-A-D letters across the front.
- Toastmaker: Well, if you’re going to hide it…
- I also confess to having secreted the butter and jam in the refrigerator. My deviousness knows no bounds.
- Toastmaker puts bread into the toaster, which…
View original post 791 more words