This past week has almost been the straw that nearly broken everything.
I mean, you can only struggle for so long, can’t you?
Bang your head enough times and something will break, and I guarantee it won’t be the wall!
I have recently discovered a new way (at least for me) of getting more book sales, but learning how to set it up is sorely testing what’s left of my remaining grey cells.
I managed to finish writing the interview with one of the characters from The Scarlet Ribbon for Lisa Burton, Craig Boyack’s amazing robot assistant. This aired on Thursday 20th.
This week was beset with gremlins and glitches, on the PC mainly. Caused, I believe, by an incompatibility with Chrome. Trouble is, I have run out of options, as I left Firefox for similar problems. There is always Internet Explorer of course.
Sometimes I am really fed up with everything not being quite right, despite working hard to make it so.
Then, Armageddon arrived.
We lost all connections with the phone line and the internet. And we don’t own a mobile phone!
We enlisted the help of Anita’s daughter and her mobile phone, and she managed to convince BT that we needed help and soon. I have to say that even if we did have a mobile phone, we wouldn’t have been able to follow all the instructions that she had to follow. From photographing the different parts of our phone system, (which involved downloading apps) to a series of complicated messages. Our minds were shattered and we weren’t doing any of it!
Somehow, we managed to get an engineer appointment for the following day, and this never happens!
To cut a very long story short, the engineer turned up this morning. When the light on our PC hub turned green, there was a big cheer. But our joy was to be short-lived.
For some reason, I couldn’t log on to our provider. At this point, I wanted to pull my hair out or run down the road screaming. I tried everything I could think of, every troubleshooting programme I could find, but the harder I tried, the more convinced I was that something was trying to kill my brain!
I tried to switch from Chrome to Internet Explorer, but this didn’t work either. I was almost resigned to telephoning BT and asking for help, but I hesitated. The last time I was forced to do that, I ended up more confused than ever.
In the end, I did manage to get Internet Explorer to cooperate and swiftly downloaded Firefox.
Within minutes, normality was restored and the rest, as they say, is history!
(Until the next attack by the ever-present gremlins, that is!)